Follow up after breast cancer treatment
These visits are important for the following reasons:
- Ensure full mobilisation and return to normal activities and
monitor for problems with shoulder stiffness or swelling of
- Monitor for side effects of treatment.
- Discuss any new information that may affect your care.
- Check for local recurrence of cancer in the breast. Ultrasound
assisted clinical examination is useful.
- Check for development of a second tumour in the other
- Audit - it is important to record how effective treatment has
been any complications that may occur.
Breast Care Book
Comprehensive Information and
advice on all aspects
of breast care.
Meet the Surgeon
Trevor Smith MBChB FCS